According to the Environmental Assessment (EA) Act of 2010; Section 24, reads: The Board shall – (a) Register and Certify Practitioners in terms of Section 38 of this Act.
GUIDANCE FOR REGISTRATION AND CERTIFICATION PROCESS
Applicants must apply for registration and certification ONLINE using the appropriate application form, provided.
All first applicants are required to have been registered as a Environmental Assessment Practitioner (EAP), first. That is for a period of 2 years for Bachelor’s Degree holder and 1 year for a Master’s degree holder.
- Application Criteria (for EAP) is provided as per Schedule 4, From B, Regulations 10(2); of the EA Regulations of 2012.
- Application Form (for EAP) is provided ONLINE.
- Fill in the FORM (Application for EAP) provided
- Check, fill in, attach and tick listed required necessary documents.
- Fees payable: “Application fee = Registration fee” is non-refundable.
- Once Board Approves your registration as an EAP; an annual subscription and certification fee will be required as per Form C (regulation 10 (3) and 11).
- NOTE 1: All applications must be addressed to the Executive Secretary
– in accordance with Section 39 of the EA Act of 2010;
- NOTE 2: Application and all documents/attachments must be submitted primarily online, through the website’ links provided. * If ] submitted by E-mail or as hard copies (hand delivered) – twelve (12) printed copies are required, one of which should be marked “Original”, while the other eleven (11) should be marked “Copies”.
- NOTE 3: only Approved applicants will be Registered as EAPs and issued with a practicing certificate valid for 12 months.
- NOTE 4: Each TEAP’ evidence of training, engagement in hands on EIA/EMP processes, participation in different stages of EIA/EMP, as well as clear specification/description of role played in each EIA/EMP project/study – MUST be included
- NOTE 5: an UPGRADE to the next level category of Registration & Certification, is encouraged. The next level here is referred as the Senior Environmental Assessment Practitioner (SEAP).
Note: * Qualifications in Environmental Discipline – is a key requirement.
*’Environmental Discipline is defined by the Standards and Criteria Committee and approved by the Board as follows:
Environmental Discipline is applied to studies that focus on all aspects of the biophysical, biological, socio-economic and sociocultural environment and the principles of sustainable development. This implies that environmental science applicants should have academic knowledge of all aspects of the environment and models/ methods for the integration of different aspects of the environment (e.g. environmental, social and economic sustainability). This excludes applicants with studies that focus on one or two specialised environmental subjects.
i) Registration/ Application (once-off non-refundable fee)
ii) Annual Subscription (paid annually by registered EAPs only)
Important Note: Applicant’s names should be used as a reference otherwise the fees will not be traceable to them.
Account Name: BEAPA
Acc No: 62303114037
Branch: Riverwalk Plaza
Branch Code: 285267